EVALUATION OF ANTI-ISCHEMIC AND CARDIOPROTECTIVE EFFICACY OF POTASSIUM CHANNEL ACTIVATOR OF NICORANDIL IN PATIENTS WITH STABLE ANGINA
Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Disease SBEI HPE KubSMU of RMPH, Krasnodar
The study was aimed to the evaluation of the anti-ischemic and cardioprotective efficacy of long-term use of potassium channel activator nicorandil in patients with long-term stable angina receiving standard therapy of coronary artery disease (CAD), which includes aspirin, rosuvastatin, and the bisoprolol valsartan, compared with standard therapy and long-acting nitrates. Dynamics of nitroglycerine consumption, frequency of angina attacks were compared; all patients underwent veloergometry, 24-hour Holter ECG monitoring, echocardiography; the state of lipid and carbohydrate metabolism was assessed, as well as concentrations of certain markers of systemic inflammation. The results showed that the inclusion of nicorandil in the standard therapy of CAD leads to more significant changes of indicators of clinical evaluation of course of angina pectoris, myocardial remodeling, and inflammatory markers.
- Gayet J.L., Paganelli F., Cohen-Solal A. Update on the medical treatment of stable angina. Archives Cardiovasc. Dis. 2011;104(10):536–44.
- Gomma A.H., Purcell H.J., Fox K.M. Potassium channel openers in myocardial ischaemia. Drugs. 2001;61(12):1705–10.
- IONA Study Groupl. Effect of nicorandil on coronary events in patients with stable angina: the Impact Of Nicorandil in Angina (IONA) randomised trial. Lancet. 2002;359(9314):1269–75.
- Izumiya Y., Kojima S., Kojima S., Araki S., Usuku H., Matsubara J., Sakamoto K., Tsujita K., Nagayoshi Y., Kaikita K., Sugiyama S., Ogawa H. Long-term use of oral nicorandil stabilizes coronary plaque in patients with stable angina pectoris. Atherosclerosis. 2011;214(2):415–21.
- Dzemali O., Risteski P., Bakhtiary F., Singer E., Zierer A., Kleine P., Moritz A. Surgical left ventricular remodeling leads to better long-term survival and exercise tolerance than coronary artery bypass grafting alone in patients with moderate ischemic cardiomyopathy. J. Thoracic Cardiovasc. Surg. 2009;138(3):663–68.
- Li J..J., Fang C.H. C-reactive protein is not only an inflammatory marker but also a direct cause of cardiovascular diseases. Med. Hypothes. 2004;62(4):499–506.
- Kjekshus J., Apetrei E., Barrios V., Böhm M., Cleland J.G., Cornel J.H., Dunselman P., Fonseca C., Goudev A., Grande P., Gullestad L., Hjalmarson A., Hradec J., Janosi A., Kamensky G., Komajda M., Korewicki J., Kuusi T., Mach F., Mareev V., McMurray J.J., Ranjith N., Schaufelberger M., Vanhaecke J., van Veldhuisen D.J., Waagstein F., Wedel H., Wikstrand J. Rosuvastatin in older patients with systolic heart failure. N. Engl. J. Med. 2007;357(22):2248–61.
- Montalescot G., Sechtem U., Achenbach S., et al. 2013 ESC guidelines on the management of stable coronary artery disease. Europ. Heart J. 2013;34(38):2949–3003.
- Roger V.L., Go A.S., Lloyd-Jones D.M., et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics-2012 update a report from the American heart association. Circulation. 2012;125(1):e2–e220.
- Slezak J., et al. Hibernating myocardium: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment this article is one of a selection of papers from the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Translational Knowledge for Heart Health (published in part 2 of a 2-part Special Issue). Canad. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 2009;87(4):252–65.
About the Autors
Yu.A. Rezvanova - Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Disease SBEI HPE KubSMU of RMPH, Krasnodar
A.S. Adamchik - Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Disease SBEI HPE KubSMU of RMPH, Krasnodar